Friday, April 30, 2010

Trudging Along.

I haven't kept up with this blog as well as I would've liked. For that I truly apologize.

Let me take a moment to update you on our progress. We now have about 80 percent of the film shot. I have the last few scenes written and I'll be shooting them in the next few weeks. I also may have to wait until July to finish up the very last scene. It's actually the first scene of the movie. I had an actor in mind, but then I got a different actor in mind and she lives in Pennsylvania so we may have to wait until I head north again to take care of it. Or I may end up shooting it sooner. You never know. That's kinda been the mantra of making this movie. "You never know."

I've been editing as I go along. So editing is mostly done. Once I get everything together I'll start doing some color correction and sound mixing. I may eventually get it professionally color corrected/mixed because 'you never know,' but as of right now, I think I can produce apt results.

I also have to clear music once I get everything in place. I've mostly used friends' bands so if they turn me down, I will truly be hurt. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. There is one song that I want to use, but I don't know if the band/label will give me permission. I have no money. I don't expect this movie to make any money. Do I just convince them that I'm a cool dude? I don't know. 'You never know.'

I've been shooting the film on a wonderful digital video camera from Panasonic called the "HMC150." It captures beautiful images and I've grown very comfortable with the mechanics of it. There were a few shots that I was afraid I couldn't accomplish using this camera though, mostly due to its size. So I purchased an HD DSLR. The Canon Rebel t2i. It is a crazy little machine. Low light shots (almost no light really) are possible because of it. And they look great. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

In the film, Jiyoung works for an online music retailer. We learn that she works for megamusicmall.net. We made it up on the spot hoping that the site didn't really exist. Well I did some research and found that I could buy the domain for 7 dollars a year. So I did. Type megamusicmall.net into your browser. You will wind up somewhere magical.

Well I guess that's about it for now. I think maybe in the upcoming days I will post some screen grabs. Also I have a poster/postcard design worked out. I will post that as well.

Thanks for reading. We will see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I couldn't believe where I ended up after checking out megamusicmall.net! Talk about baddass! Also, I don't think you'll have to try too hard to convince the band that you're a cool dude. :)

    ReplyDelete